Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Apple Glasses Take the Mainstream

https://www.apple.com/shop/vision/accessories
New Apple Vision Pro

Apple has created their very first 3D camera called the “Apple Vision Pro,” and it is one of Apple’s most aspiring new devices that uses a whole new level of advanced technology.

The $3,499 Apple Vision Pros became available for purchase on February 2nd, 2024. The concept of this device has been in development for about 16 years, and it is nothing like what Apple has created before. These glasses allow owners to arrange apps, transform their room into their own theater, watch their favorite movies or TV shows through their eyes, and capture geographical photos and videos, etc.

This device is similar to a VR headset, it has the ability to allow owners to go into a whole other world. One navigates with the glasses using their hands, voice, and eyes.

These glasses have a futuristic feel and look. Oliver Feit-Leichman ‘27 said, “I don’t think in the future many people will be walking around and using these because it’s a non-reliable way of doing things, and using these will take away from your social life.”

Miles Boquiren ‘27 added, “the glasses are just doing what phones can do, also, I like and want to be interactive with people.”

Apple Vision Pros make iPhone and iPad features appear life-size for the user. They enable one to take a small computer screen and enlarge it, allowing it to be right in front of them wherever they are, with only the glasses required. With simple hand gestures, a user can have an entire theater experience in their own space.

“I don’t feel like it has any purpose, Apple should’ve been working on something more important, and it’s too expensive. I don’t think anyone would really need it. It is also bad for your eyes because you’re constantly looking at a screen for a long time,” Alexis Morton 27’ stated.