Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Valedictorian Cooper Cunningham

Isabella Maldonado

Throughout Senior Cooper Cunningham’s academic journey, he reflects on a deep-seated desire for learning that has been ingrained in his mind since early childhood. His irrevocable commitment to excellence has served as a guide to get him where he is today.

This foundation began early on. Cunningham stated, “My study habits that I developed during my strong elementary and middle school education translated into my high school education.”

The most integral aspect of Cunningham’s development has been the unwavering support from his family whose nurturing environment has fostered a safe and encouraging learning environment. Cunningham truly believes without his familial support he would not be where he is at now.

Furthermore, Cunningham says another focus to get him where he is now has been his focus on mental health. He emphasizes mental health awareness and its profound impact not only on his academic pursuits but also on his overall well-being, “It’s been important for me to have a healthy school-life balance, and absolutely necessary to avoid burnout.”

As he navigates through his senior year as Valedictorian he reflects on the myriad opportunities for growth and exploration that Bishop Gorman has offered him. Embracing the novelty and seizing the chance to truly embrace his high school life, “It’s been an extremely fun year, and I’ve had the opportunity to try new things and have a lot of fun.”

In conclusion, Cunningham’s journey has been powered by a thirst for success through his unwavering familial support, a keen awareness of mental health, and a commitment to his work-life balance. Cunningham has recently committed to the University of Notre Dame as a Philosophy major and is in the process of preparing his valedictorian speech for graduation.