Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Looking Back at Old Hollywood

Prom Week Wrap-Up 2024
The+ladies+of+the+prom+court+when+the+queen+was+announced.+
Mr. Cava
The ladies of the prom court when the queen was announced.

This year’s prom week was a success with wonderful dress up days to resemble the theme of Old Hollywood

For the freshmen, this was their first prom week at Bishop Gorman, and Shayda Emamzadeh ‘27 said she enjoyed the theme. “It was very cute and most of the dress up days were good.” 

The first dress up day was No Place Like Home. On Monday, students got to wear anything that resembled Las Vegas or Las Vegas sports. Seniors got to wear merch from the colleges they will be attending next year. Mia Lopez ‘24 said, “Monday’s theme was a good idea especially being a senior to see where all my friends were going next year.” 

Tuesday was Western Day where students could dress like cowboys in an old  western movie. Anna Zoeller ‘27 enjoyed getting to wear “fun accessories like cowboys hats.” She commented, “I got to see everyone in their western outfits, which was very fun, as a lot of people had cool and unique clothing and accessories.”

On Wednesday, everyone got to wear black and white, which showed how movies used to all be in black and white when Hollywood was first starting to produce films. Emamzadeh said, “What I liked about the dress up theme on Wednesday is it was very simple and easy to follow because it is something everybody has.”

Bernice Moshos ’25 and Alex Perez ’25 during their prom court skit (Mr. Cava )

Thursday’s theme was Vintage Day, where students got to wear clothes resembling their favorite movie character or movie era. Many interesting outfits were seen. Some people came dressed in Harry Potter merchandise, some came in suits, and even some pirate costumes were seen. Thursday definitely brought out a lot of creativity. Kahlen DuFrene ‘26 said, “My favorite part about vintage day was being able to see the school dress up in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, especially the 80’s because that is one of my favorite eras going from music, movies, and style of clothes. ” 

Friday’s theme was Blue and Orange because of the assembly held that afternoon. This day really showed off school spirit. Isabella Rodriguez ‘26 said, “The theme is really cute and I think they did a great job of depicting it at the assembly.”

Jacob Coneh ‘25 and Sutton Stoft ‘25, who were on prom court, at the Old Hollywood prom dance. (Mr. Cava )

Saturday was the prom dance, where Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez were crowned king and queen. Jasmyn Hill ‘25 said,  “Prom was so surreal! The atmosphere and the people there made the experience better than I would have ever imagined! You could tell that everyone there came to have a good time and everyone was just excited to be there as well.”

Hill also noted, “The best part of prom week at school was definitely the dress up days. My friends and I love to match and it was fun to plan matching outfits while also staying within the given theme.” All in all, this prom week was a success and a great way to close out the 2023-2024 school year.