Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Men’s Lacrosse Reclaims The Valley

Mens Lacrosse Reclaims The Valley
Mrs. Keating

The men’s varsity lacrosse team have proven themselves as the best in the valley after reclaiming the number one seed for the first time since the pandemic season.

The team currently sits atop all teams in southern Nevada with a 2-0 record in league play. The squad is 3-3 on the season with tough losses in out-of-state games against elite competition.

With a storming batch of players as defenseman, Jackson Broz ‘24 states, “we’ve been waiting for this senior class to come up for a while because of the higher level of competitiveness that they bring.” The senior class of course has set their sights on the state championship trophy; anything else would be considered a failure.

Insofar, the team is looking to go undefeated, a fate that seemed to be sealed after opening the season up with a hard fought victory over their in-town rivals Palo Verde High School. The Gaels defeated the Panthers 8-7.

Broz stated, “we’ve had struggles against them in previous years, and getting a win over them like that to kick off the year was big.”

The Gaels are just coming off a 13-4 victory over Coronado High School pushing them to 4-0 on the season with just three league games to play.

As the Gaels sit atop in the LAs Vegas valley, the state championship dream is developing healthily, and Broz is enjoying how “every guy has contributed in their own way towards that final goal,” whether it be one of the highly anticipated senior athletes or not.