Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Men’s Volleyball

Curran
Colin Curran ’24 and Kilian Curran ’27 blocking the ball.

The Bishop Gorman men’s varsity volleyball team played a home game on April 5th, 2024 at the House of Glory against Somerset Sky Pointe winning 3-1 sets.

They won their first set with a score of 25-21, lost the second set with a score of 17-25, and won the third set with a score of 27-25 and the fourth set with a score of 25-22.

Men’s volleyball had their home opener on April 3rd, 2024 against Eldorado High School winning three out of the five sets with scores of 25-18 in the first set, 25-10 in the second, and 25-20 in the third set.

Men’s volleyball first league game was on March 27, 2024 against Rancho High School who ended their 2022-2023 season with a record of 12-9 overall, and 8-6 in league. The Gaels pulled through and won three out of the five sets, starting off strong winning their first set 25-11 and second set 25-17. They then swept Rancho in their third set 25-21, giving the Gaels the win.

According to Aiden Tran ‘25, a key contributor to the win against Rancho High School was Drew Dennis ‘24 because “he is the guy who can lift us out of a hard spot and can lift the team spirit when we all feel a little down. He gave good serves; he hit really well, and he served some really good plays.”

The Gaels record is 15-8 overall, 8-1 in league. Their next home game will be Tuesday April 16, 2024 at the House Of Glory against Rancho High School. Their next away game will be on Thursday April 18, 2024 at Eldorado.