Breaking News
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Les Mis Review

Benjamin Tamayo ’25

The Gaels Theater Guild’s production of Les Misérables hit the stage of the Jim3 House of Performing Arts February 23rd to March 3rd.

The story of Les Miserables is quite dramatic and sorrowful, but its complexity didn’t hold back the Gaels Theater Guild as they put on a true masterpiece with the quality of a real Broadway show. The actors conveyed so much emotion in their singing, and their acting was very impressive, though silly at times, and showed just how much time, effort, and love was put into this production. Montserrat Velazquez ‘26 told The Lance, “I thought it was a great experience to work as a community. I thought the show came out amazing and is one of the best we’ve ever done.”
There was a lot of work put into the production and long nights that challenged everyone working on the show in order to make this production a success. Every night there was a standing ovation that filled the theater and also the hearts of the actors and crew.
The lighting and effects that were added to the show made each scene seem a little more real and emphasized the eerie feeling of the poor neighborhoods of Paris.
This story is primarily focused on the misery of the characters, but there are very exciting and fun scenes that charmed the audience such as the mischievous thieves, Mr. and Mrs. Thenardier. Jasmine Sierrapeniche ‘26 who was an actor in the show said, “I genuinely think the show was incredible. We all worked together and pulled through to make a work of art.”
Although the show is over, its impact on both the audience and those who worked it will last for a lifetime and will forever be known as one of the biggest productions in the Gaels Theater Guild history. Crew member Kenna Ainu’u ‘26 said, “working with everyone was such a wonderful experience that I’m grateful for and I am amazed with how the show turned out in the end.”