Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Chloe Mead Takes Gold at Women’s Regional Wrestling Championship

Chloe+Mead+26+being+named+the+victor+following+her+wrestling+match+against+a+Foothill+girls+wrestler+on+January+31%2C+2024+at+Bishop+Gorman+High+School.+
Mr. Gregory Cava
Chloe Mead ’26 being named the victor following her wrestling match against a Foothill girls wrestler on January 31, 2024 at Bishop Gorman High School.

Chloe Mead ‘26 repeats as the girls regional wrestling champion in the 132 pound weight class.

The successful sophomore made sure to enjoy this experience on the mat and knew all of her preparation has led up to this moment. This big win, however, is just a stepping stone to her further goal of winning a state championship. In the eyes of the fierce competitor, Mead claimed she was nervous despite expecting a win due to confidence and self motivation.

Mead stated, “I was just trying to take it all in.” She continued, “When I won, all the nerves went away, and I felt the excitement from everybody.”

Accrediting her success to commitment in the off-season, Mead works year-round at her craft. Making sacrifices is nothing new to her as she has been competing from a young age. Only being a sophomore, Mead is currently two for two in regional competition.

With hopes to win four regional championships in her high school career, Mead stated she had to, “stay focused and dedicated to all my workouts.” She added, “even in the days I didn’t want to go, I forced myself […] I want to outperform my competition.”

Beyond her high school career, Mead hopes to pursue collegiate wrestling at a division one program. Having friends already at some of the top programs in the country, Mead hopes to follow in their footsteps and continue her high school success at the next level.

Mead stated she wishes to “attend a division one school.” She continued, “hopefully Iowa because they have been having great success.”

Girls wrestling not being an extremely popular sport in Las Vegas, Mead hopes to lead a generation of young female wrestlers. She feels her success on the mat is significant, but the inspirational role she plays for upcoming athletes is just as important.