Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Winter Wiik Wrapped

Mr. Gleich
Our Bishop Gorman Assembly leaders, Navya Madhura, Zoe Parker, Sage Barden, Payton Canfield, and Gabe Clemente prepare for the Winter Wiik Assembly. They dress up as Mario Kart characters to get the assembly started.

During the week of Valentines Day, BGHS took on Winter Wiik. The theme for this Winter Week was Wii. Think Mario Kart, Just Dance, and Wii sports. 

On Monday, students kicked off the beginning of spirit week with a classic, comfy day. Students were spotted in their coziest fits, sweats and all.

Haley Meidenbauer ’24 and Audrey Swanis ’24 dominate twin day. The sweatsuit set from brand “White Fox”
(Haley Meidenbauer ’24)

Tuesday had us screaming for overtime. Gaels rocked their favorite team jerseys with “Wii Sports Day”.

Wednesday showed us love in two different ways. We were able to celebrate Ash Wednesday, letting us show our love to God. Additionally, ASG students were able to pass out Valentines Day Grams, raising over 800 dollars for the Mite Box.

Thursday was Dynamic Duos Day. The Gaels whipped out the cutest matching outfits. Audrey Swanis ‘24 and Haley Meidenbauer ‘24 showed up in a matching White Fox set. On this day, our students made iconic duos, like Mario and Luigi, proud. 

The big day had finally arrived. Friday. To increase class competition, the dress up theme was class colors. Freshman wore yellow, Sophomores wore purple, Juniors wore green, and Seniors wore red. The assembly showcased class spirit with three different games: Just Dance, Mario Kart, and a sing off.

Our Gaels dance the night away at the Winter Wiik assembly. Our winner, Caleb House, stands tall in the middle, claiming his place as the best dancer in the House of Glory. (Mr. Gleich)

Just Dance: lets us have our students leave it all out on the dance floor. Our winner, Caleb House ‘24 commented, “I feel great after winning, since I put the most effort in, I feel like It was deserved. Since I am a senior, I went up there to try something new. Little did I know I had such amazing dance moves.” 

Next up, the Mario Kart tricycle race. Our participants went around the course, trying to dodge different obstacles in the way. The winner was Nico Delgado ‘26. 

Our last game was the karaoke sing off. Each class definitely had a favorite song. But, the seniors came back after a rough performance of the song “Fire Burning” by Sean Kingston to win it all with an angelic show of “Shut up and Dance” by WALK THE MOON. 

Overall, Winter Week was a success. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, and Peach are all proud of the class competition and Spirit.