Breaking News
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
  • April 8Prom Court: Katelyn Cambeiro, Taylor Chapman, Jordan Free, Bernice Moshos, Sutton Stoft, Jacob Coneh, Brandon Gaea, Derek Meadows, Myles Norman, Alex Perez
  • April 8Prom Theme: Old Hollywood
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Colin Curran 24 and Kilian Curran 27 blocking the ball.
Men's Volleyball
April 17, 2024
Lacrosse Rule Change
Lacrosse Rule Change
April 17, 2024

Turning Dreams Into Reality

Wishing Well 2024
Rommi Martin ’27
Student puts wish in Wishing Well.

The Wishing Well is a Gorman Tradition during February where students think about others rather than themselves. 

Students make wishes for themselves and friends, involving anything from personal to class requests. Mr. Jimmy Gleich, our activities coordinator, working with ASG, goes out to grant wishes to students. 

Mr. Gleich shared, “we started it because we thought it’d be a cool idea to put some happiness around campus and something different. It makes kids think of others, not just themselves.”

Students place wishes during lunches or passing periods. No matter the wish, if it goes to a good cause, it may be granted.

Mr. Gleich shared one of the wishes, “a girl asked to turn on the heater in classrooms and we got her a fuzzy coat.”

Hailey Meidenbaur ‘24  also stated, “I wished for a better parking spot specifically in the senior lot! I wished for this because as a senior, it is frustrating that I have to walk so far because I was missing one service hour when I signed up.” 

The wishing well is an opportunity for students to ask the school for more than just an amazing education! Some of the final wishes were granted at the Winter Week Assembly on Friday, February 16.