Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Happiest Place on Earth

ASG Disney Trip 2024
Bishop+Gorman+ASG+takes+on+Disneylands+Imagination+Campus.+Here%2C+they+learn+about+being+a+leader%2C+the+Disney+way.+
Mary Dejoria
Bishop Gorman ASG takes on Disneyland’s Imagination Campus. Here, they learn about being a leader, the Disney way.

Welcome to the House of Mouse.

Bishop Gorman ASG traveled to Disneyland for the MLK weekend to grow and learn more about their leadership skills.

ASG was able to travel to Disneyland to participate in the Imagination Campus Leadership Program. This program allowed the ASG students to learn different ways to be a better leader, the Disney way.

According to the Disneyland Imagination campus website, “Our curriculum is customized to encourage students to embrace the creative process and develop independence in thought and action. By celebrating differences and prizing originality, we hope to inspire students to not only consider future Disney careers, but also to become future leaders who share a common passion for knowledge, global vision, and innovation.” 

https://www.disneycampus.com/programs/leadership-innovation/

Giavanna Panaro ‘25 stated, “I thought the leadership program was very informative. It was interesting to hear what Disney cast members had to say about leadership.”

Second year ASG member, Ellie Patta ‘26 added, “I’m excited to do the leadership program again and bond with the other members of ASG.”

With this being the freshman ASG students first Disneyland trip, all were so excited to experience something new.

“It was really fun and a great way to meet new people. I loved having the freedom to be with my friends and go wherever we wanted.” AJ Mazzara ‘27 stated.

Additionally, along with the leadership program, ASG participated in a Barbie themed scavenger hunt, created by ASG moderator Mr. Gleich. There were six groups, with the winner being the Party group, led by Avery Pearson ‘26. 

With ASG being such an integral part of the Bishop Gorman atmosphere, having the members learn and grow as leaders, while being able to celebrate their achievements from the previous semester, is extremely important.