The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Our Bishop Gorman Assembly leaders, Navya Madhura, Zoe Parker, Sage Barden, Payton Canfield, and Gabe Clemente prepare for the Winter Wiik Assembly. They dress up as Mario Kart characters to get the assembly started.
Winter Wiik Wrapped
February 27, 2024
Bright Young Girl
Bright Young Girl
February 27, 2024
Bishop Gorman High School Football Team getting ready to take the field against Corona Centennial (CA) on September 8, 2023.
Taking Back the Throne
February 27, 2024
Posted by sumanthp on Steemit
https://steemit.com/hive-108572/@sumanthp/my-report-on-list-of-plagiarized-content-59
Is Giving Credit Hard?
February 27, 2024

Robotics Team Unleashes the Power of Innovation

Bishop Gorman Instagram
Robotics team after their win at the O’Callaghan event.

Bishop Gorman Robotics team wins award at the O’Callaghan Over Under Event.

The Robotics team works in collaboration to build competitive robotic systems to compete in sponsored events in the Las Vegas Valley with other local schools. They study advancement in technology, science, and engineering. The team works tirelessly to learn and advance technologies through their dedicated efforts and unwavering commitment. 

Multifaceted member, Jacob Tabasa ‘24 stated, “Robotics is like nothing I have ever done before, normally I am used to wrestling or football where you have to physically prepare yourself, but when it comes to robotics it challenges your knowledge on creating the best robot and being able to work with a team. The team is assigned different tasks and if you can’t work as a team then you won’t have the best outcome or even win.” 

These teams spend countless hours conducting research, technological innovations, and collaborating with experts to deepen their understanding of robotics. They constantly seek opportunities to expand their expertise by attending training sessions, workshops, and competitions. The team devotes significant time to acquiring new skills in programming, mechanics, and electronics in order to stay at the forefront of technological advancements. 

Last semester the Robotics team competed in the O’Callaghan Over Under event at Mike O’Callaghan Middle School. Which was an event mixed with both middle and high school robotics teams from all around the state. Three different teams from Bishop Gorman competed: Block Coders, Varsity Robotics, and the Gael Bots. Gorman, specifically, faced off against Coral Academy, Arbor View, West Career and Technical Academy,  East Career with Technical Academy, and Pinecrest Academy. 

Alex Perez ‘25 explained, “To prepare for our competition at the O’Callaghan event we had to make a blueprint of the robot we were going to create and study the game we would play at the event. Once we mastered the game we knew we were prepared to compete!”

The Block Coders came out victorious winning the Design Award for engineering and creation of the robots entered into the event.