The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Our Bishop Gorman Assembly leaders, Navya Madhura, Zoe Parker, Sage Barden, Payton Canfield, and Gabe Clemente prepare for the Winter Wiik Assembly. They dress up as Mario Kart characters to get the assembly started.
Winter Wiik Wrapped
February 27, 2024
Bright Young Girl
Bright Young Girl
February 27, 2024
Bishop Gorman High School Football Team getting ready to take the field against Corona Centennial (CA) on September 8, 2023.
Taking Back the Throne
February 27, 2024
Posted by sumanthp on Steemit
https://steemit.com/hive-108572/@sumanthp/my-report-on-list-of-plagiarized-content-59
Is Giving Credit Hard?
February 27, 2024

Student Union Building Progresses Rapidly

Sage Barden ’24
Current construction of the brand new Student Union. Multiple construction workers put in the hours to finish this new building.

As the world continues to change and evolve, so does Bishop Gorman. With this, the administration hopes the new student union building will be finished by October of the 2024-2025 school year.

The blueprint for the brand new student union. With two floors, there are more and more opportunities for success. (Mrs. Bridget Michlik, Director of Advancement).

The student union will be home to a variety of different classes and clubs. The new building will include a brand new ASG room fit for poster making and assembly planning, and a new, state of the art broadcasting room for innovative BGTV episodes. 

Adding on to this, the union will be filled with club rooms. These club rooms will be able to accommodate several clubs and organizations for meetings and social gatherings. Teachers may also reserve these large rooms to hold  classes during the school day. 

Mr. Gleich, activities director stated, “It was a project discussed for a very long time, wondering what to do with that plot of land. I am excited that the decision was made for the building to be student centered. Selfishly, I am happy that ASG will have a dedicated work and storage station, so students do not have to make 20 foot posters in their parents’ garage. Also, there will be more meeting spaces for clubs, so moderators do not have to fight over classrooms to use for meetings.”

The freshman will be the lucky class  to utilize the student union for the rest of their high school career. Sienna Gostanian ‘27 said, “I think it is a good addition to our campus because it gives us a place to do our homework and hang out with our friends.” Gostanian added.

Fences block off the brand new Student Union building. Students are excited for the new building. (Sage Barden ’24)

Also, what is most exciting, a coffee shop will be located in the building. “I wish to see a coffee shop with jobs available for students to work before and after school,” Gostanian commented.

The Student Union building will be a brand new addition to Bishop Gorman. Set to be finished by the start of next school year, it will provide more opportunities for students to grow and succeed.