Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Honoring Heroes

Veterans Day Assembly Saluting Our Nation’s Finest
Honoring+Heroes
Lindsay Paige ’25

The Annual Bishop Gorman Veterans Day assembly was held on Friday, November 10th.

Each year, Bishop Gorman holds this assembly to honor all those who serve or have served in the U.S. military, showing support for students who have family members or friends who are veterans or active service members.

The assembly opened with a prayer from Father Jacob Knee and a beautiful video in which the veterans working at Bishop Gorman spoke about their time serving the United States.

Reagan Millbern ‘26 commented, “The video was very interesting and enlightening.”

History teacher, Mr. Goertemiller explained that, “It’s meant to show a little different perspective, but the story is similar.” He revealed that the clips from the video were shot in different rooms but showed different parts of the story of our country.

“Out of this, viewers would understand some things similar among veterans. Although their service was different, it gave them a better understanding of our country and how great it is,” Goertemiller added.

Additionally, the band and choir provided a beautiful musical performance throughout the assembly. They sang the national anthem and America the Beautiful.

Mackenzie Motzny ‘26 stated, “[The music] was pretty good. It really brought up our spirits.”

This year, Bishop Gorman hosted guest speaker, Ryan Stream, a motivational speaker, musician, and military veteran who provided meaningful insight on what it means to persevere through life’s struggles.

Overall, this assembly was an amazing way to honor the men and women who have served, are serving, and are planning to serve our country.