Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Girls Hit the Gridiron!

Powderpuff Football Takes Center Stage

It was Wednesday night lights for the girls of Bishop Gorman as they took the field for this year’s powder puff games.

The freshman took an early exit in the first round against the juniors after a close scoring first half. In just their first year competing, they put up a fight and will be a force to be reckoned with moving forward.

Mr. Greg Cava

Makamae Eugenio ‘27 stated, “my overall experience was amazing.” She added, “I enjoyed how everyone on our team bonded. My favorite moments were meeting new people, getting to play and have fun with my old friends, while getting to try new things.”

A rough first round for the underclassmen as the sophomores came down to the wire with the seniors, eventually falling short in the last few plays. Making big plays on both sides of the ball, there was nearly an upset against the reigning champions.

Erica Kaffenberger ‘26 stated, “my powderpuff experience was very good and I think everyone had a great time.’’ She continued, “aside from playing, I had an extremely fun time cheering on my friends from the sideline.”

Mr. Greg Cava

After a big win in the first round, the junior class was looking like the favorites to take home the championship. Firing on all cylinders, the offense couldn’t stop scoring with hopes to build momentum in the championship game. Dramatically losing on the last play of the game in the championship, the junior class put up a great fight.

Niah Waldman ‘25 stated, “I had a lot of fun with powder puff.” She added, “the coaches were a lot of fun, and I learned new things too. Playing with my flag teammates and friends made it even better.”

The champions once again, the class of 2024 took home the gold in two nail biting victories over the sophomores and juniors. Starting the game with a big defensive stop set the tone for the remainder of the game.

Hunter Borgel ‘24 stated, “I’m glad I could help them win.” She continued, “definitely the most fun I’ve had, the girls were super friendly and really great to be around. I really enjoyed myself and I’ll miss it next year.”