Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

New Teacher Spotlight

Mrs. Silver
Makenzie Medford ‘26
Mrs. Silver and her fourth period class.

One of the new English teachers on campus this year is Mrs. Silver. Silver has been teaching on and off since 2004, since she took some time off to be home with her children. 

She said, “I have taught English for over ten years, but at the secondary level, this is my fourth year…I have taught all levels including seventh and eighth grade English…ninth and tenth grade English and Special Education Support for nine through twelfth (and) K through sixth General and Special Education-focus on reading and behavior.” 

Initially from Reno, Silver moved to Las Vegas just two days after receiving a job offer from Bishop Gorman. She also explained that she has three children who will move “down in the next four months” and her older son moved to Las Vegas with her. 

Students in Mrs. Silver’s fourth period class. (Makenzie Medford ‘26 )

Currently, she teaches ninth grade College Prep and Honors English classes. 

She expressed that she has enjoyed her time at Bishop Gorman so far. “My first couple of months at Bishop Gorman have been wonderful,” she stated. “I enjoy the camaraderie of the staff and love the energy of the students.” 

Besides being a teacher, Silver enjoys “any kind of physical activity- especially outside. More recently, I have picked up pickleball, which is entertaining. I enjoy spending time with family and friends and camping whenever possible.” 

The Bishop Gorman community is welcoming her in the school, and she is thankful for that. She revealed,“I am grateful God led me to this school and has presented such wonderful opportunities for me and my family.”