Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

New Teacher Spotlight

Mrs. McCullough
McCullough+teaching+Algebra+1+to+freshman+in+first+period.+
Makenzie Medford ’26
McCullough teaching Algebra 1 to freshman in first period.

Mrs. McCullough is a new Algebra 1 and Geometry teacher here at Bishop Gorman. 

Initially from Chicago, McCullough moved to California for college. She taught there for three years, and then taught the next twenty-seven years in Las Vegas. She is beginning her thirty-first year teaching at Bishop Gorman. 

McCullough stated that her first few weeks here have been great. “I can not believe how nice and helpful all the teachers are. The students are so kind and they listen and follow directions. I have never been happier at a school.”

As a math teacher, she of course loves all math, however, she explained, “I think because I’ve always taught algebra, I think I like algebra, probably the best. I love geometry, too. I love all math, but if I had to pick one I think algebra would be my favorite.”

One thing that has definitely taken her by surprise, is the school spirit of the Bishop Gorman community, “I love to look out at my class and see all the fun, spirited sweatshirts and three-quarter zips. I think it’s just festive and spirited, I love it so much!”

McCullough has a daughter who is a freshman here and they are both huge Lakers fans. “I love professional basketball. I love watching the Lakers.” Her true sports passion, however, is gymnastics, “My daughter and I, and two other people, we’re going to the Olympics next year. We got tickets to see all the gymnastics events in Paris next year for the Olympics, so gymnastics is my number one.”

She is also looking forward to watching Bishop Gorman sports events this upcoming year. She stated, “I can’t wait to go to all the football games and soccer games. Many of my students are in sports, so I can’t wait to go watch everybody do everything. It’s going to be amazing!”