Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Welcome, Freshmen

Class+of+2027+participate+in+icebreakers+at+Becoming+a+Gael.+
Dean Rivera
Class of 2027 participate in icebreakers at Becoming a Gael.

There were many planned events over summer and the first week of school to help welcome the class of 2027 into the Bishop Gorman community. 

Over the summer, there were four Becoming a Gael sessions. Becoming a Gael started three years ago, with the class of 2025. This helps the freshman get into the flow of the busy schedule of a Bishop Gorman student and it allowed them to make new friends and meet some of their teachers.

Freshmen girls walk into orientation (Mr. Cava)

Monday, August 7th was freshman orientation. On this school day, only Freshman attended school to get used to navigating campus and to become familiar with their class schedule.  Freshman Miles Boquiren explained that orientation “got me used to my schedule so I was not lost on the first day.”

Class of 2027 dancing at the Aloha Dance. (Anna Zoeller )

Last Friday, August 11th was the Aloha Dance. According to Boquiren, “In the big gym, there was different games going on such as corn hole, volleyball, and basketball. In the smaller gym, however, that’s where the real party was.”

The auxiliary gym was where the DJ was and where everyone was dancing. “everybody was singing the words to every song,” stated Boquiren.

These events were a great way to welcome the Freshman into the Bishop Gorman community. Freshman Anna Barragan commented on the Freshman events and the people at Bishop Gorman, “I feel like it’s a very energetic community and there is a lot of school spirit on campus from students and staff.”