Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Breaking Stereotypes: Girls Dominate in Flag Football

Preseah Williams ‘26 catching a pass.

New HeadlineStop and Score

The girls flag football team at Bishop Gorman BGHS was having a good season, and looked to get a win against Southeast Career Tech (SECTA) this Thursday, January 18.

Coming off of a win against Las Vegas High School last Friday, the Gaels look forward to building momentum for the upcoming games.

Francesca Androvandi ‘26 stated that, “I feel like the team is getting better everyday. We are starting to develop more team chemistry as the season goes on.” With better team chemistry, the Gaels have a better chance at winning more games.

The Gaels have a very strong passing attack averaging over 250 yards a game. They also pair that with a great running game where they average 116 yards a game. The team is averaging almost 30 points a game. With the powerful offense led by quarterback Avery Reed ‘26, the Gaels have one of the strongest offenses in the nation.

However, the Gaels need to step it up on the defensive side of the ball. Missed tackles have caused the Gaels to give up 20 points a game on average. If the defense can get more tackles and turnovers, the Gaels can allow their offense to score more.

The Gaels lost to SECTA on December 2, losing in a thriller, 39-35. If the defense can stop SECTA from scoring, they can let their offense get to work and put points on the board.

The team is currently 8-3 and 5-0 against their competition in the 5A southern league. They rank 2nd in the state of Nevada, sitting behind a very strong Desert Oasis team. The Gaels have a great record and are looking to secure a great spot in the playoffs. If the defense steps up, they can definitely have a great shot of winning a state championship this year.