Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Women’s Basketball Defeats Shadow Ridge

Mr. Greg Cava
Aaliah Spaight ‘26

On January 11th, Bishop Gorman women’s varsity basketball took on Shadow Ridge in the House of Glory.

The Lady Gaels went into this game with an 11-3 record, and also ranked number one in the state of Nevada, with point guard Aaliah Spaight ‘26 being the number one player in Nevada.

Women’s varsity basketball team’s bench cheering to start the game (Savannah Searcy ‘25)

Returning as head coach is Coach Sheryl Krmpotich, along with five state runner-ups, taking the lead and working her team back onto the competitive stage.

The Lady Gaels can say 11-4 after picking up a win, with a score of 59-46, that will be their eighth home win in a row.

Mya Ruiz ‘24, who helped the Lady Gaels with their 13-point win stated, “we worked as a team and trusted each other to shoot the ball,” she added, “going into future games, we need to trust each other to bring up the ball and shoot the ball well. Trust is a big deal for us in defense and offense.”

After playing four games, and going 3-1 between all four games, the Lady Gaels current record is 15-4. They will have an away game vs Palo Verde on Monday January 22, 2024.