Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

New to Campus Ministry!

Ms. Wellington and Mrs. Mizzoni
Maika Eugenio
Ms. Wellington and Mrs. Mizzoni in the Chapel.

This school year, Bishop Gorman Campus Ministry is excited to welcome two new faculty members, Ms. Wellington and Mrs. Mizzoni.

They will be joining the new Bishop Gorman chaplain, Father Jacob Knee in the day-to-day operations of campus ministry.

After serving as a director of religious education and youth ministry at a parish in South Dakota, Ms. Wellington, a graduate of Bishop Gorman, made the decision to return to the school.

“I wanted to come back home and after a conversation with Fr. Jacob; I decided to apply for the Campus Ministry position.”

Coming back to her alma mater means “coming back to my roots and being able to give back to a community that gave a lot to me. I am excited to be part of my alma mater in a new role and new perspective.”

Some fun facts about Ms.Wellington are that she loves cats and also has a pet rabbit named Dex. She also lived in Spain for a year!

Mrs. Mizzoni, who was formerly a history teacher at Bishop Gorman, made the decision to join the Campus Ministry department because of her commitment to her faith.

“Faith has always been an important part of my life. I grew up going to Catholic elementary and high schools…Catholic schools are special, and Campus Ministry plays an important part in building the culture that makes them so special.”

Her role in Campus Ministry also gives her the opportunity to meet more students around the school.

“I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fact that I am in a role that allows me to interact with even more of the awesome students here at Gorman!”

Some fun facts about Mrs. Mizzoni are that she once competed in figure skating, and she also spent two years living abroad in Europe. Her favorite sports teams are the Los Angeles Angels, the Golden Knights, and the Gaels!

Ms. Wellington and Mrs. Mizzoni are ready to serve both students and staff from around the school. Ms. Wellington says that “Campus Ministry has an open door. Come stop over and say hello!”