Breaking News
  • May 20Congratulations Class of 2024
  • May 20BGHS Men's Lacrosse Wins State
  • May 6Prom King and Queen: Bernice Moshos and Alex Perez
  • April 15Mr. Tracy Goode named Principal for the 2024-2025 school year
The Student News Site of Bishop Gorman High School

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Monday: Life is Better in Pink!

Sophomores+Mackenzie+Motzny%2C+Karoline+Watters%2C+and+Olivia+Calloway+posed+by+the+You+Can+Be+Anything+poster.+
Makenzie Medford ’26
Sophomores Mackenzie Motzny, Karoline Watters, and Olivia Calloway posed by the “You Can Be Anything” poster.

This Monday, the theme of the day was “Life is Better in Pink,” and isn’t that true?

300s hallway. (Makenzie Medford ’26 )

Today marked the first day of Bishop Gorman Homecoming week and many students showed up to school in different shades of pink, making the school look just like the set of the Barbie movie. 

“It’s sensible and it works in the time frame of the trend,” states Nioami Griffin ‘24. Coming off the summer that was hyped up for the release of the Barbie movie, the theme indeed coincides with the culture trend.

Dev Karanth ‘24 added, “I think the theme is great! The movie Barbie recently came out and it was a great hit, so I think the theme suits the time very well. I have seen a lot of students supporting school spirit by wearing pink, it’s great!”

300s hallway. (Makenzie Medford ’26 )

Bishop Gorman students roamed the halls in spirited pink attire. Sanya Jolly ‘26 commented, “I like pink and I love seeing everyone in pink and the effort put into the theme shows how we are united as a school.”

This only marks the first day of many, now Bishop Gorman students prepare for the “Kendom” on Tuesday.