Easy 8, Easy A’s

Dena Mosavat '26, Social Media Editor

For the 2022-2023 school year, Bishop Gorman decided to increase the number of classes their students take on a daily basis from six to eight. This means shorter classes, in order to make time for two additional periods.

Most of the student body felt the change was useful, and they liked the idea that they get to move around more throughout the day. 

“I think Gorman changed the number of periods to lower the stress of students and teachers,” stated Sophomore Sean Dali. “I prefer eight periods even though we get out a little bit later because the classes are shorter and we don’t have to do as much work,” said Dali.

“Gorman probably changed the number of periods to lower the workload on teachers and give more academic opportunities to students, like more elective classes,” Sophomore Seriene Lefave observed. “I like eight periods more because I feel like it makes the day go by faster and I like having more teachers,” she said. “When class periods are longer, I feel like it gets easier to procrastinate, but when they’re shorter people focus on their work because they know they have less time.”

Overall, the schedule change seems to be favored by many students, and it’s been helping them change their study habits for the better.