Photo by Greg Cava

Bishop Gorman varsity football team running onto Fertitta Field.

Bishop Gorman sports October 3rd – October 12th

October 17, 2022

Bishop Gorman Athletics off to strong start in October.  Bishop Gorman’s women’s volleyball team was rolling, with wins recently against Shadow Ridge High School (3-2) and Durango High School (3-0). This marks their fifth consecutive win in a row with an undefeated record in league play (5-0). The girls look forward to a matchup versus Centennial on October 20th.

Photo by Greg Cava

Men’s varsity soccer dominated in a 3-0 route of Canyon Springs on the 11th. Freshman, Chase Stewart brought home Player of the Match honors. The Gaels are bouncing back from a tough loss to Southwest Career and Tech with a score 2-1 and are now 5-3 in league play and 7-5 overall.   Women’s varsity soccer traveled to Shadow Ridge on October 12th and dominated with a 3-1 take over. The Girls are now 6-2-1 in league play, and 9-2-2 overall, putting them at 7th in the 5A South league standings. The Lady Gaels look to continue their winning habits against Las Vegas High School at home on the 18th.

Photo by Mackenzie Medford

Bishop Gorman’s varsity women’s tennis is hot with a four game win streak. The Lady Gaels have taken wins against Faith Lutheran (12-6), Clark, (10-8), and Arbor View (12-6) to improve to 11-2 on the season, and 9-2 in league play. The team looks to improve to 13 wins on October 12th at Coronado High School. 

Photo by Ava Thompson

Men’s varsity tennis bounced back from a loss to Faith Lutheran (11-7) on October 3rd, with a close win over Clark High School (10-8) to improve to 9-3 on the season. The Gaels are now 8-3 in league play and now own an undefeated record at home with 6 wins and 0 losses at the G.  The Bishop Gorman football team has been dominant recently, with major wins over Canyon Springs (58-0) and Legacy (69-0) in just the last two weeks alone. Led by a dominant defense and an electric offense, the Gaels have yet to give up a single point against a Nevada team this year and have mercy ruled each of the three in-state teams that they’ve faced. Now 7-1 overall and 3-0 in league play, the team looks forward to 4-4 Palo Verde on October 14th.

The Lance • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in