Zak’s mission

Zak Yamauchi, not your average high school student. At just 17 years old, Zak Yamauchi has big plans for his relationship with God, receiving a prestigious education, and playing division one football.

In a few short months, Zak Yamauchi will take part in his Latter Day Saint (LDS) Mission. For the next two years, Yamauchi will be putting off his academic and athletic dreams to strengthen his relationship with God.

Originally “all the attention received from colleges hindered” his faith with The Lord.

However, with his older brother Noa Yamauchi currently on his LDS Mission, Zak states, “he has inspired me to pursue my relationship with God and follow in his footsteps.”

Location being unknown, Yamauchi is dedicated to the journey and feels these two short years will open his eyes to what God has planned for him later on in life. Following Yamauchi’s LDS Mission, he will go on to receive a prestigious education at Stanford University.

Up for the academic challenge, Yamauchi understands he will be “set for life” upon graduation.

Currently a scholar-athlete at Bishop Gorman, Yamauchi partakes in multiple AP and Honors level classes which he feels will prepare him for his next step academically. Agreeing to hold Yamauchi’s academic and athletic scholarship, Stanford University’s understanding of his faith gives him confidence following his high school career, allowing him to take “the next big step.”

Along with his time in the classroom, Yamauchi dedicates countless hours to his craft on the gridiron. A starter for arguably the best high school football team in America, Yamauchi’s highlight tape speaks for itself. Being a three star recruit and the top offensive lineman in the state, Yamauchi also holds numerous division one football offers.

Among these “blessings”, he feels “Stanford is the place to be.” With big dreams to be the next Polynesian in the National Football League (NFL), Yamauchi was confident while signing his National Letter of Intent back in December.

Through his faith, academic achievements, and football success, he was able to inspire countless people with his hard work and selflessness. Aside from Yamauchi’s accolades, a positive impact on others is Zak’s Mission.